Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chaos in Phone Calls

Things have been progressing, but they seemed to come to a standstill on Tuesday. On Monday I had an appointment with a hematologist in Boston, just to have a second look at the pathology. He agreed on the course of treatment, and agreed that I should start treatment asap. I called my oncologist's office on Tuesday to get the treatment ball rolling, but their computer systems were down all day, and I didn't get anywhere other than the promise of a call on Wednesday. That call didn't come until 1:30 in the afternoon. Trying to schedule final tests, blood counts, and 5 hour chemo sessions all in two days seemed like an impossibility. But, it seems like things are going to fall into place. I have a blood test and CT tomorrow, as well as a meeting with the research nurse who is going to go over all my paperwork for the clinical trial in which I'll be participating. Then, hopefully, Friday is the day that treatment will start. I figure the sooner I start, the sooner I'm done. More info tomorrow, but hopefully things will go as planned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment