Friday, June 1, 2012

Birthday Girl

Happy 2nd Birthday to my baby girl Saoirse.
Two years ago today, I gave birth to the little girl who made me a mama. Today I don't have her to shower with gifts, or to play with in the yard. She won't be asking for balloons and cake, or playing with her friends. Instead all I have is pictures of her and her toys to keep me company.

Last year on Saoirse's actually birthday, we had just gotten home from the hospital. It was after her second round of chemo, and she was so glad to be home. She wasn't sure about the cake, but she was happy to be celebrating none the less.

We finally had a real party for her almost two months later. She still wasn't quite sure about the cake, but was definitely having a good time. 


9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Saoirse you are a beautiful soul..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Saoirse. Thinking of you and your mommy and daddy today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Saoirse you Beautiful Angel!! I know your Mommy and Daddy must have had a terribly hard day. I'm sure you and Alexa are celebrating the peace, love and serenity you now have found...Hugs to your Mommy and Daddy. Darlene Sanner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2nd Birthday, Saoirse! Love the pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2nd Birthday, beautiful baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday sweet baby girl!! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, sweetest girl ever! Love those pics. My heart aches for your loss...I pray these memories give you some comfort while knowing that nothing can take away the pain.

    Shirley
    NJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wept while reading this post. Being a new mom myself I can't imagine the pain of losing the most precious person in your life - many prayers and love sent your way. You are doing an amazing thing in helping others experiencing childhood cancer, and it is all thanks to your sweet baby girl.

    Ashley in MN

    ReplyDelete