Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Creativity is Flowing

So far things are going very well. We welcomed spring this week, and as such, my allergies are going nuts. My nose hasn't stopped running for two days, and I just don't have the energy to try and catch it. Recently I have been spending a lot of time with yarn. A friend of mine is a portrait photographer and has many newborn clients. She approached me and asked if I could make her some hats and props for her shoots. Well I have gone nuts! I have been crocheting and knitting away and have made some beautiful pieces. I'm really enjoying the individuality of each one and the fact that they are so tiny and cute doesn't hurt either. All this creative work got me thinking about how happy doing something creative makes me, and how happy it makes other people. It's a conversation starter, a frustration release, a sense of accomplishment, a piece of yourself in a tangible object. And then I thought about myself, the cancer patient, and how I was using my creative process to help me work through this tough time. It gives me something to talk about, it gives me my release of frustration, it makes me feel that I actually got something done, and each piece I make has a piece of my heart with in that I can share with others. This is where the idea starts, and as I build it, and think about it, and talk about it, it grows more and more powerful and meaningful. I'm working on a project to join crafting and cancer patients. I have a friend who worked for a non-profit for a while, and he's going to help me with any questions I have. I'm hoping to be able to get things started soon. I can't wait to share my creative outlet with other cancer patients, and hopefully bring them some of the benefits I have experienced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment