Tuesday, January 25, 2011

D-day..... Diagnosis

   Nearly 8 months ago, I gave birth to my beautiful daughter. It was the beginning of my new life - a proud and happy stay at home mom. As all new moms, I've had my ups and downs, but I have been happier than ever watching my little baby grow and learn every day. Taking care of her fills me with a joy I have never felt before. 


   Today, I was told the results of my lymph node biopsy. I have been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. All I could think about in the doctor's office was my helpless little baby at home. How can I give her 100% of me, when some of me will have to focus on healing myself? I feel like I'm about to be torn in two very different directions, both of which will require my full attention. But being a parent is full of challenges, this is just one on my list that's not on everyone else's. I have to stay strong and with the support of my family and friends, I will get through this. 

1 comment:

  1. Por duas vezes eu recebi o diagnostico de cancer em minha familia, primeiro eu, depois meu irmão, mas querida,as estatisticas aqui no Brasil,só apontam o numero de mortes e nunca apontam o numero de pessoas que se salvaram, nós seremos vencedores, sabe porque?
    porque nós sentimos amor, a essência da vida, por isso nos temos na nossa fisionomia, esse rosto de paz.fica com Deus Y LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete